Mug Factory



In January I bought a pottery wheel with my Christmas money and it was the exact adventure I needed at this moment.  Originally it sat in my freezing cold basement as I wondered how I was ever going to get up enough independent body warmth to spend significant amounts of time down there, but eventually the ground thawed and I dressed appropriately and the rest is history.  I have been slaving away like a little coffee mug factory trying to make everyone with a birthday a mug or bowl before I lose my kiln for the summer. 

Things I have learned:
Doing wheel work is therapeutic. 
Doing wheel work while listening to podcasts is holistic.
Making handles is hard for me.
Having your pieces dry at just the right rate is a bit of a science. 
I will need to get a space heater for the winter.



Comments

Popular Posts